Unable to see Hidden files

Solved/Closed
abk638 Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 3, 2010 - Mar 3, 2010 at 02:12 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Dec 13, 2010 at 03:41 AM
Hello,
I have McAfee v8.5 installed with its latest Update via Superdat file.I scanned my PC entirely and already deleted threats.Now there are no threats detcted.But even then I am unable to view my hidden files from the tools->folder option menu
So please provide me a solution to it.

Your emaiil address has been removed for your own security.

3 responses

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Mar 3, 2010 at 02:33 AM
hi again

Note: I personlly recommend u switch ur Anitivirus from mcafee to Avast 4.8 or Avast pro

Ok, now one of the symptoms of this problem is every time you select the Show hidden files and folders options under Folder Options, the screen just flashes when you click OK and the hidden files and folders are not unhidden.

anywyas this is how u show go about it

. Click Start > Run and type REGEDIT

2. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
>SOFTWARE
>Microsoft
> Windows
> CurrentVersion
> Explorer
> Advanced

On the right side, double click the hidden value and give it a value of 1.

You should now be able to enable hidden files and folders.

also you should change the value in the LOCAL_MACHINE not only CURRENT_USER:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
Change the value of Checked Value to 1

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
Thanks a lot.... its useful..
THANKS YAAR....I HAVE BEEN FACING D SAME PROBLEM. AFTER YOUR GUIDANCE ITS NOW PERFECT...YOU R GENIOUS..
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Mar 3, 2010 at 02:19 AM
hi
is the folder option in the tools menu still available to u

awaitin comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
abk638 Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 3, 2010
Mar 3, 2010 at 02:26 AM
Yes.I can click on "Show hidden files" option also.But after applying and pressing ok Hidden files are not shown and if I check in Folder option again there is a tick mark on "Do not show hidden files" option
Dec 13, 2010 at 03:41 AM
hi
u will have to have administrator privilages for doing so
For that u must know Name of the file which u have hidden then u can type name for that file on past menu and u get the file.