Inserting rows/copy data from row to column

Closed
Kennedy - Mar 5, 2010 at 07:41 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Mar 6, 2010 at 08:34 AM
Hello,
Hopefully someone can help me solve a problem I am having creating a macro to insert rows into a spreadsheet then copying data from the row into a specific column.
Currently all the data is on one row, with several rows in the spreadsheet. Columns A-R remain the same, but columns S-Y, Z-AF, AG-Am etc have different report data. I want to be able to individually copy the data from those columns and line them up under each report.
So if the rows currently look like:
Name Address City State Zip Child1name Child1Age Child1DOB Child1sex Child2name Child2Age Child2DOB Child2sex Child3name Child3Age Child1DOB Child3sex
I need to figure out how to insert a certain number of rows, based on the number of children, then pull the data from the row into the column in the new row.
So for this parent, there will be two new rows and the data now will look like this:
Name Address City State Zip Child1name Child1Age Child1DOB Child1sex
Child2name Child2Age Child2DOB Child2sex
Child3name Child3Age Child1DOB Child3sex

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 6, 2010 at 08:34 AM
Ok I am bit confuse. The range S-Y, Z-AF, AG-Am, indicate that there are 6 columns in each child info set, Yet your sample has 3. Which one is correct ?