Startup Black Screen Please Help

Closed
Jacob - Mar 6, 2010 at 04:50 PM
 Anonymous User - Mar 10, 2010 at 08:15 AM
Hello,
I have a Compaq Laptop running Windows Vista 32bit. Five hours ago I was working on it and I received no error message or blue screen ,etc. i then turned it off. Everything normal until I came back two hours later and attempted to turn it on. The computer then preceded to show the first start up screen and freeze and blur. I turned it off and all i get is a black screen. I have unplugged the battery and left it out for 10min and attempted to restart it. Same thing has occurred since then.

Please Help
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 6, 2010 at 04:58 PM
Hello,

Have you tried to reboot in safe mode?

If you get the same black screen in safe mode, I am afraid there is a serious hardware problem.

Best regards
Anonymous User
Mar 6, 2010 at 05:00 PM
Before the start up screen, press & hold f8 and after, select the first option (Repair your computer) and then, select Startup Repair
Ive tried the F8 thing with no difference. It doesn't show anything therefore i cannot chose a startup option. I press the power button and the screen does not change at all. Just a blank screen without even the back light coming on. I believe the problem to be the motherboard or the graphics card.
Anonymous User
Mar 10, 2010 at 08:15 AM
Have you got your recovery discs or Windows Vista disc ?