Dvd issues

Closed
kevin - Oct 5, 2008 at 12:06 PM
 ninpomania - Nov 11, 2008 at 06:56 AM
Hello,
hai guys iam using an lite on dvd drive. it doesn't gave me any problem,but suddenly now i cant run by dvd files rather i can run the CD files with out any issues... if any one knows about this issue please let me know about that............
Related:

1 response

Hi there

I have had come across some Liteon drives that have failed on the dvd decoder or laser and still worked for the cd's

if you cannot read DVD Data discs (not just dvd's) this is most likely what has happened

most drives to nearly all drives use one laser to read both dvd and cd but they have a different power output and decoder built in when the dvd decoder fails you will get and instance where the driver wont read anything DVD based but work fine as a cd drive,

Because the dvd burners are now so cheap you would be better off replacing the drive than trying to fix it as repair costs would be far greater then the replacement cost,

Keep in mind though if you CAN read DVD Data Discs and cd's just not DVD movies then you may need to install a dvd player like WIN dvd to allow the computer to understand what the heck a dvd is :)

hope this was helpfull

Good luck