Merging data from 7 worksheets into 1 pivot

Closed
jay - Mar 15, 2010 at 07:45 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Mar 16, 2010 at 05:37 AM
Hey,

I have seven worksheets within on of my excel spreadsheets. Within each worksheet i have several columns and i am seeking to summarise the data of all the worksheets into one pivot table to report back to individuals with, as it will provide a good 'overview'.

so i.e. each worksheet is titled with a name say, A, B, C, D, E, F, G. within each worksheet there are several currencies i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, JPY etc and then there is a column highlighting 'total' for each currency, and then 'unexplained differences'. and ideally I want once pivot table to summarise this info for each of the worksheets.

So, the pivot would show, the worksheet name, the total for each currency split and the remaining unexplained differences.

This a tricky one any help on this guys would be really appreciated....

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jay
Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 15, 2010 at 01:58 PM
If data for all 7 sheets are same, then perhaps you can consolidate all into one sheet. Insert a new column in this new sheet which should be used to identify from where record came from
hey,

no sadly the information in each of the worksheets are infact different?? do you think it will be unfeasiable to produce such a pivot??
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 16, 2010 at 05:37 AM
If sheets are totally different, I dont see how pivot table will work or help. But again exactly I am reluctant to say that it is useless as I have not seen the data nor i am a pivot table expert. But my idea of pivot table is that is is used to group data and since you say that sheets are different, I fail to see grouping