Xp security tool reg key

Solved/Closed
nab - Mar 16, 2010 at 05:45 AM
 jay - May 15, 2011 at 02:17 AM
Hello,
plz give me security key urgent.........
Related:

6 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 17, 2010 at 01:33 PM
Hi Jacspeed,

Security tool is a rogue virus which is self protective, thus it will prevent any antivirus from fonctionning.

You must kill the processes which the virus is presently running. If you don't it will keep reproducing the files for ever.

To kill the processes:

Download to your desktop and run Rogue Kill:

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

5.You should now see a window that shows all of your desktop icons, including the rkill.com program. Now double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Tool and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Tool when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Tool . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running.

Also, if you get warning messages, it just means that the virus is agonizing in excrutiating pain, just you may just laugh at it.

Please, DO NOT REBOOT your computer or the processes will come back to haunt you!

Download to your desktop Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once on your desktop, we must still outwit the virus.

Right click on the MBAM icon and click on rename. Rename it Explorer.exe.

Install Malwarebyte and launch it. From the second tab, update it.

Pretty please, request a FULL system scan which should take more than hour. Once the scan is finish, delete all of item that were found.

Malwarebyte may restart your system, if so, lauch it again to finish the scan.

Do not interfere or play with anything let the tools do their job.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.

Please let me know how you did...or I will throw a curse on your system.:))
I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH, AMBUCIAS!!! You saved my computer this evening. I was so ready to go online to find a reg-key for this stupid XP Security Tool when I stumbled across this thread and slapped my head. OF COURSE this was a scam! I should have recognized the tell-tale signs from the get-go.

I followed your instructions to the letter and bada-bing, that thing is gone! What a pain! Moreover, you are just such a terrific stranger! Hopefully your guidance has helped many a ware-weary net-user (and I am just speaking-up on their behalf). THANK YOU
The same!!, Your post is a great help!! I had the same problem last night and even a person like me could deal with it with your instructions! Thank you very much!!
Thanks Ambucias! It wouldn't let my avast anti-virus run! You're absolutely awesome :)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 20, 2010 at 06:03 AM
Jenny,

All the pleasure was mine.

Thank you for your feedback.
Couldn't download the second part, but the first worked great! Thanks a lot. Saved my money and my computer. I was very frustrated until I found this thread.
Browneyedbella
May 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM
Thank u. U saved my boyfriend's computer!
thansk
Ah ha! The young teenage Grandkids came over and where all over there gramas computer.. Not a surprise I got a phone call that her computer was buggy the security system was going totally wacky.. Thanks for the tips here I believe iv finally have it all under control, The bug was keeping me from using any pre-install maleware software at first including maleware bytes, but think iv out wmarted it. :D
I'm stuck also it will not allow me to go on the web what's steps can I take to download the necessary software to remove it.p
Apr 12, 2010 at 04:46 AM
Please boot in safe mode with networking
my brother used to work for anti virus company....sorry i cant say the same, he told that viruses are created by anti virus companies...dont pay these leeches
could this security tool virus do any damage before it was erased? I have gotten rid of it, but I had important account numbers in My documents. Could any of those been compromised?
Thank you dude Ambucias. Your instructions solved the problem. At first itself I had a big doubt on this Security Tool and tried browsing it on its name. Good heavens I had come across this page :)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thanks a million, man. You just saved my parents computer.
Apr 7, 2011 at 04:17 PM
Brutus

You are welcome a million. Please transmit my respects to your mother and father.
could this security tool virus do any damage before it was erased? I have gotten rid of it, but I had important account numbers in My documents. Could any of those been compromised??
Apr 16, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Dear pissed

No it could not! It's a rogue trojan horse not spyware
Thanks a lot you save me today, thanks for your great help
Thank you!
Your instructions were spot on and it saved my daughters computer!
MUCH appreciated.....
May 11, 2011 at 03:53 AM
Noen, you are totally welcome and thank you for your feedback