Lenovo Y550 Power ON issue

Solved/Closed
Kichakai - Mar 17, 2010 at 06:15 AM
 chips - Mar 14, 2011 at 09:50 AM
Hello everyone,

I am from India, I had bought new Lenovo Y550 reasently from US, It was working fine for 2 months, after that if I press power on botton all LED lights up but nothing appears on screen, Processer fan works fine. But again after some times(more than 5 mins) if I switch OFF an switch ON, the laptop started workning. Please help me for this issue.
Related:

7 responses

Thanks Guys,

I check with the lenovo service center itself, it seems one of my Motherboard component was not working properly, so they replaced motherboard,

Thanks again for all your respond..
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 23, 2010 at 04:14 AM
Hi there,

Remove the battery and press the power button holding it for approximately 1 minute,then put back battery in respective slot and start it.

Thanks
kichakai Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday March 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2011
Mar 25, 2010 at 04:20 AM
Hi

I had checked my laptop thrice, Good solution and Thanks to you its working fine now, If you don't mind please let me know what has happened to my laptop.

Thank you
Thank You sooooo much...it worked perfectly.
kichakai Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday March 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2011
Apr 7, 2010 at 04:56 AM
I apologies for the late respond,

I tried with above solution; it was working fine for a week, now the same problem started again.

Now I have to use the above solution for every start of my laptop, sometimes it won't work.

Also have another problem now, in the working condition, even small shake laptop gets hang, please help me for this issue.
Apr 12, 2010 at 09:26 AM
Hello,

Please some one help me on the above issue

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I could here a sound in the compartment where the hard drive was. So I opened it up and there was a loose screw in there. Put it in the right place and was able to start up my computer:)
are you using a wattage converter? Because computers in the united states are meant to be used under 110 voltage, indias voltage is 220, if you dont have a converter it will mess up your computer
Try fn + F2, this turns on and off the screen.