Can a virus stop recovery disks

Closed
shanrifraf - Mar 17, 2010 at 03:44 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 17, 2010 at 04:57 PM
Hello,
i need some help i got a dell mini 9 and it needs the system restore disks running through it as it says their is a problem you must install recovery disks so i gave it to a friend of a friend as my new laptop hasnt got a dvd drive so he reckons that the virus on the computer is stopping the operating disks from being installed so he says it needs a new hard drive but the guy wants me to sell it to him so im just wondering as i dont totally trust what hes saying %100 you cant get in to the computer at all to do it from windows so just wondering if im totally off the mark thinking when you install the recovery disks it wipes the whole of the memory including viruses as this is what its for any help will be greatly appreciated thanx its windows xp by the way
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 17, 2010 at 04:57 PM
Hello,

Personaly, I have never heard of a virus which prevent to boot from a recovery disk. In the long run, it is always possible to erase the disk.

Best regards