Pop ups

Closed
staphy karry 1 Posts 25 Registration date Tuesday March 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2010 - Mar 19, 2010 at 09:49 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 20, 2010 at 03:54 PM
Hello,
my laptop keeps on popping up files and other anti virus programmes virus like ( ur pc is infected and and u need to purchace windows defender to solve he problem.
pls help
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 19, 2010 at 01:20 PM
Hello,

You may be the victim of a Rogue Trojan Horse and Malwarebyte alone may not be sufficient to send the horse to the glue factory for processes may need to be terminated.

If Malwarebyte did not do the trick, please get back to me and we will bring your system to health.

Regards
staphy karry 1 Posts 25 Registration date Tuesday March 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2010
Mar 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM
i ve tried that but am still having the same prob
staphy karry 1 Posts 25 Registration date Tuesday March 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2010
Mar 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM
HI AMBUCIAS, I KNAW U R THE ONLY ONE THET CAN HEAP ME PLS DO U HAV ANY OTHER WEY TO ACTIVATE THE VISTA DEFENDER AFFECTIING MY LAPTOP.
Mar 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM
IT DOES NOT GIVE ME A CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING,IT HAS SCAN SOM CAPLE OF VIRUSES E AND WANT ME TO ACTIVATE B4 DELETING
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 20, 2010 at 03:54 PM
Staphy,

Can you reboot in safe mode with networking?

PLEASE, DO NOT TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER BECAUSE THAT'S THE VIRUS DISGUISED AS THE DEVIL OR SAVIOUR!
Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Dear Staphy,

There are many spams that operate like this. Please download the below application and remove any malware if it is so.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Thank you.
Mar 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Hi, me again,

I had feeling it wold not work.

Staphy, if you don't mind, we will use this thread to solve your problem and skip the two other about you icons and the key.

Please follow these instructions very carefully;

This Trojan Horse is self protective so you must terminate the processes associated with it otherwise it will keep regenerating itself.

1. Download Process Explorer on your C::

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

2. Run the tool and spot any unusual processes, it may be numeric or called, antivirus, security, psecurity, dr.guard, etc.

3. Terminate the process or processes.

Delete the copy of Malwarebyte that you have as it may have been corrupted.

3. Download Malwarebyte again to your C drive because it may look like any other icon to you if on the desktop.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Again you must outwit the virus

4. Rename MBAM to Explorer.exe... that should fool the Trojan Horse

5. Install Malwarebyte and from the main page, second tab. make an up-date.

6. Please request a FULL system scan which should take at least 90 minutes.
During the process you may be asked to reboot your computer, please do so.

7. Delete all the items found that are in red.

8. Reboot your system and connect to internet. Should you find that your browser is slow, there may be traces of a redirecting trojan.

If such is the case, download and install Spybot Search and Destroy. Upon the installation process you will be given a choice of component, uncheck "Tea Timer" as it sometimes interferes with regular antivirus programmes.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4561-spybot-search-destroy/

9. Run a scan and delete the items found.

17. Download and install CCleaner

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

10. Scan your registry for error and clean your temp files.

11. Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.

It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

After all this typing, I would sure appreciate your feedback

Regards