Computer goes off without any warning

Closed
kee - Oct 14, 2008 at 06:13 AM
 rickashay - Oct 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM
Hello,
i bought my acer aspire 5315 laptop two months ago and had nothing but trouble with it.. it just keeps turning off without any warning at all.. im using windows vista basic... i try converting my movies and it goes off after the 2 minutes... i was using nero at first and thought that was the problem so i started using winavi video converter and its still doing it with that.. ive only just got my laptop back 1 week ago as it went in for repair and they changed the processer and said it was all working fine but after two days it started doing it again.. can any one help me please before there is an acer thrown against the wall

thankyou

2 responses

basically mate you want to upgrade your bios system.
hi kee

i had the same problem then I scanned my computer for viruses and found lots then I formatted the hard drive and put vista back on and it worked fine
Hey i have this promblem to how do you format your drive?
rickashay > darrell
Oct 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM
if your computer has a portioned hard drive slave or d you can system restore from your control panel this will put your computer back to the factory settings and format the drive if you do not have this portion then you have to use your vista disc and this becomes more complicated because you have to have the drivers from acer let me know if i can help