Google Maps has a feature to check for speed cameras on the road in Google Maps. You can receive radar presence alerts so that you can slow down, and check where they are before planning your route. The radar query on Google Maps is already active in 40 countries, including the UK, Spain, Mexico, Portugal, and the United States. Here's how to view speed cameras on Google Maps.
How to plan a route and avoid speed camera's with Google Maps?
This Google Maps feature allows you to check the availability of roads with fewer speed controls or simply prepare for the inevitable speed cameras. This feature works on both Android and iOS versions of Google Maps. However, it is not possible to see the radars marked on the map. To find out where they are located, launch the search bar for the desired route first. In the top bar, enter your destination and activate the How to get there option. At this moment, Google Maps presents you with the options of available roads, their duration, and the radars present in each one of them. With an orange circle, the fixed radars and their locations are indicated. With an alert symbol in blue, mobile radars are informed:
How to check Google Maps speed radar information?
Although Google Maps constantly updates the system, in some cases the radar information can quickly become obsolete, especially when it comes to mobile radars. You can check the details of each radar by clicking on the icon that indicates it. A tab will open with the information and with the last moment it was updated. So if you see that the radar has been confirmed active in the last few minutes, it most likely has remained active:
How to receive impending speed camera alerts?
Google Maps alerts you when you are approaching speed control. Sound alerts can be disabled, but notifications on the screen will always continue to appear.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Does google maps show speed cameras
- Speed cameras on google maps
- Speed camera google maps
- Google Maps Fights Speeding Tickets - CCM
- Google drive download speed limit > Guide
- Google maps street view > Télécharger
- How to get a physical address from google maps > Guide
- Change miles to kilometers google maps > Guide
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app
- How to enter coordinates in Google Earth?
- Download a Google Doc: as a PDF, with comments, as word
- How to get Google Docs to read to you: Google text-to-speech
- Translate text messages with Google Translate on Android
- How to access your photos folder on Google Drive?
- How to remove Google Drive: from PC, startup, Windows 10
- Enable Google Sheets right to left editing in Google Drive
- How to use Google Earth flight simulator
- How to turn off tilt view in Google Maps
- Translate images via your phone camera with Google Translate
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
- How to download apps for Android with the Google Play Store
- How to enable Google Drive OCR: PDF, scan, search
- How to get street view on Google Earth: VR, app, iPhone
- Google Play Store error codes and how to fix them
- Download offline Google Maps: iPhone, for PC, Android
- How to transfer Google Authenticator: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to use and setup Google Chromecast
- How to translate a page on Android with Google Translate
- How to sort Google Drive
- How to turn off Google spoken answers?
- Share files on Google Drive: with other users, Android
- Compress images with Google Squoosh
- Google Docs spell check: not working, settings
- Google Meet extension for Chrome: grid view, attendance
- Turn off private results in Google searches
- Create Google account: without Gmail
- How to change the language in Google Drive
- Use Google Meet: download, desktop, mobile, breakout rooms
- Google Kids Space: features. security, devices
- How to request a refund on Google Play
- How to block someone on Hangouts: Web, Android, iOS
- Add and edit images in Google Docs: rotate, resize, adjust
- How to make a Google Maps list
- Plan a route on Google Maps: app, Android, iPhone
- Google Classroom: tutorial, features, cost, app download
- Restore Google Photos: backup, to phone, to gallery
- How to use OK Google: activate, search