SD Drive and Reformating

Closed
JT - Apr 4, 2010 at 12:36 AM
jgtdec29 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2010 - Apr 4, 2010 at 04:24 AM
Hey, I got a question that I haven't heard the answer to. I got a Sandisk SDHC 4 GB memory card, it worked on my phone but when I put it in my computer which is a Gateway LX that has a SD slot, it wanted to "scan and fix it" which it also does to my USB drive that is next to it. The USB drive works though whereas the card let me copy but not delete, for a dumb reason I tried reformatting it which now keeps telling me that and I tried numerous times and doesn't work. Could anybody tell me the answer to both or either of these solutions?
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 4, 2010 at 04:04 AM
Hi there,

Is it write protected?try formatting by hp disk format tool which is available on link below:

https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/4639-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool/

Thanks
jgtdec29 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2010
Apr 4, 2010 at 04:24 AM
I tried the program but it says I need the administrator's rights to do it but I am the admin. so what is with that? Write protected? I don't think it was, as the formating must have worked, I didn't need to recover anything so that doesn't matter, just want it to work on this computer and phone again. Can you tell me why this program, even when I went elsewhere comes up asking me for this? Or can I get it somewhere else?