Excel MsgBox Alerts - PopUp

Closed
davey11372 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2010 - Apr 13, 2010 at 05:34 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Apr 13, 2010 at 06:48 AM
I am trying to create a stock trading template in Excel. The template/worksheet will be minimized/running in the background while other applications run in the foreground.

When certain cells (cell range) in the template/sheet populate certain values (based on formulas or by referencing other cells) - can alerts be created (ideally pop-up alerts/dialog box) so as to bring my notice to the sheet/template running in the background/minimized.

The cells (cell range in question) contain formulas.

Multiple cells can and will get populated with the same condition/signal at the same or different time. But any one cell would populate only one condition at any given time.

The call values that would be populated would/could be : BUY or SELL or B2C or S2C or HALF

for eg: cell range = (C1:K3), each has a formula.

If E1 populates the condition/txt = BUY

Then I want a MsgBox as follows: (contains the cell address, the condition, and the cell value of E16 - which has the stock symbol) - so
MsgBox Title = "ALERT"
MsgBox Msg = "E1 BUY EBAY" (EBAY is in the same column as E1 except in row 15 = value of E15)

At the same time if H3 populates = SELL
I want a seperate MsgBox as follows:
MsgBox Title = "ALERT"
MsgBox Msg = "H3 SELL DELL" (where Dell is the value of H15)
Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 13, 2010 at 06:48 AM
Could you possibly put a sample file at some share location like https://authentification.site and post back the link here.