Help nothing works

Closed
anthony - Oct 23, 2008 at 12:03 AM
 anthony - Oct 23, 2008 at 01:10 AM
Hello,
im having a horrible problem i did a system restore but now when i turn my computer on my internet explorer doesnt work, neither does system restore,search,limewire,windows media player, and a few more. i am running windows xp home edition and my dvd player doesnt work anymore so i cant use my system restore dvd that came with my computer. and if anyone was wondering i did a system restore the first time because i tried uninstalling internet explorer 8 beta 2 and it only deleted parts of it so it wouldnt work anymore. and now im on my friends computer because i cant get on the internet on mine anymore. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 responses

i can run in safe mode i tried that but in safe mode everything does the same thing system restore comes up blank along with some others. i think by doing a system restore some things in my registry might have got turned off or deleted for some reason. need some help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
oh yea about the dvd drive i got my computer fixed about 1 year ago then i got it back and it didnt work anymore should have took it back up there but i didnt know at the time that my system restore disk was a dvd i though it was a cd but anyways it shows i have one but when i put the disk in the drive it comes up as there is no disk in there. it also shows that there is 0 reserved space for the dvd player if that means anything not to sure about it though.
anthony > anthony
Oct 23, 2008 at 01:10 AM
and 0 free space and 0 used space
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Oct 23, 2008 at 12:26 AM
Never - never install any Beta software on your one and only computer. Or version 1.0 of any software.

What is the problem with your DVD drive? Without it you have BIG problems.

Can you run in Safe Mode? That is - hit F8 during windows start-up. This should put you into Safe Mode - a limited version of Windows that might allow you to fix things. You might try to do another system restore to an earlier data than the last time you tried.