Computer hangs when starting up sometimes

Closed
Jake - Oct 23, 2008 at 09:11 AM
 Ch4rg3d - Mar 31, 2010 at 11:23 PM
Hello,

I'm pretty sure I have a hardware problem but was looking for some advice. My computer when starting up seems to hang when loading windows (at various points sometimes when the XP screen is up, sometimes it makes it to the desktop and hangs there). This happens most often when the computer is left not running for a couple of hours and I turn it on. After the computer makes it through loading I never have a problem running any other kind of software and it doesn't freeze up on me. This used to cause a BSOD at the start up screen but I haven't gotten one of those in quite awhile (computer just hangs up now). What do you think I should start with?

Thanks in advance!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 23, 2008 at 01:11 PM
It could be a software problem with Windows or a motherboard, hard drive or power supply problem.

I would first start with a general Windows clean up. Download a free program called Advanced WindowsCare from www.iobit.com. Load it and let it clean your system.
it could be have problem current switching on your processor. enter boot option, then go to processor option, change the value it (for example from dynamic to low consumption). but this option will make your computer's performance is slower than before but it better than our computer's going hang...isn't it?
bedol > faizomar
Nov 8, 2009 at 12:27 AM
its working!! thanks alot
99.9% of BSOD's are caused by bad RAM