Dell inspiron Startup problems [Closed]

- - Latest reply:  Eric - Oct 8, 2015 at 01:21 AM
Hello,

<--- idk wht tht is. Anyway I'm having a MAJOR ISSUE here. My Dell insipron laptop will NOT start. When it gives me the option to launch start up repair, I pick it but I'm not sure it works. It gives me the log in screen with an enlarged mouse but nothing else. No log in no nothin. But when I start up normal it just stays at the windows icon. The icon pulses yes but thts IT. I have a paper for my upcoming test and it's EXTREMELY important to me! Plz help!
See more 

5 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Thank you
Hi princesahilkhanna,

Please check the below mentioned thread:

Dell inspiron n5010 not starting

I have answered the thread, please try the steps and reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Say "Thank you" 5

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 1946 users have said thank you to us this month

Thank you
To Jack4rall,
Thanks but now I have another problem and idk if it's a good one or a bad one. At about 3am this morning I decided to give the startup repair program another try. Well it's "working" now. Problem is is that since 3am this menu came up and won't go away. At first it was scanning for problems or something, but now it's "attempting repairs". It has been doing so for... Literally the last 8hrs. I cannot cancel this process. And it's nearing my deadline here. I need it to work ASAP. If you have any other ideas I'm open.

Thanks again,

GunnyRyan
Thank you
HI,
My name is Parampal Singh and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I would like to tell you that it is a no boot issue that your system is facing. It can be because of hardware or software. What we need to do first is to run a diagnose test to find out whether its hardware or software. To run Diagnose on system, Please follow steps from http://dell.to/LwnLoJ or you can simply turn off your system and restarted system. As soon as you turn on the system start tabbing F12 and choose diagnose option. it will take 8-10 minutes to finish the test. Once your test passes, it means hardware of system is Ok.

After that you need to restrat system and start tabbing f8 and choose option Safe mode with networking. If it works that's well and good you will be able to finish your work or assignment and once you are done you need to do pc restore. On another side if it did not work simply jump to Pc restore option. SO turn on your system and start tabbing F8 and choose option repair your computer. Please follow the steps http://dell.to/hbIWHm for Pc restore. NOTE:- In Pc restore your data will be lost, so please back up ASAP.

Hope that would resolve the issue and you need not have to spent a $.

Thanks
Dell - Parampal S
mY laptop camera has a problem. When I started to turn on my dell laptop. It shows.."there was a problem in your camera..and I cant perform anything.i do the short cut key Ctrl + alt.+ delete., but nothing happens. Please help me I have important files inside my laptop =(
Registration date
Sunday August 25, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2013
Thank you
sir same problem here but my system is not booting. it ocassionally boots upto windows icon and f12 is not working.
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Moderator, Security contributor
Last seen
December 30, 2015
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and

keep tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and select the option "Safe Mode"

Let me know if you are able to boot into Safe Mode.

Good Luck