Locked USB, Plz Help!!!

Closed
Jovana U - Apr 22, 2010 at 06:41 PM
belasswan Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 11, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2012 - Jul 11, 2012 at 05:04 AM
So my issue is that I purchased a usb which can be password protected. I use this flash drive for personal files such as homework, office work, and most important irreplaceable pictures. I have attempted to unlock it with the password I chose but it tells me the password is incorrect and that I only have one more try and if entry is incorrect all files will be wiped out. I can't have this happen!!! I have pictures of deceased friends and family, which are the only ones that exist. So if anyone can please help me on how to bypass this or take it to someone who will be able to retrieve these files I would Appreciate it with all my heart. Thank You!
Related:

1 response

belasswan Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 11, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 at 05:04 AM
You'd better contact the provider of your USB drive for a solution. Your provider has installed some password protection tool in your USB drive therefore you can set a password to protect it. Not all the tools allow you to retrieve passwords. Sometimes you can format your USB drive to unprotect but doing this will erase all your data. So I suggest you contact the provider of your USB device for help.

By the way, you may purchase a general USB drive without any integrated software in future. You can buy a seperate USB protection program by yourself so that you can contact the publisher directly without asking the USB drive provider. Sometimes the provider even don't know how to contact the publisher.

Good luck.