Computer Boot problem

Closed
BigDan100 - Apr 24, 2010 at 01:46 PM
 visu - Apr 24, 2010 at 02:19 PM
Hi,

I have a commodore GX gaming computer. Recently I saw the screen (A HANNS G something or other) go white although Itunes was still playing in the background. I turned off the computer and restarted it. I was half way through something when the screen went to power save. I immediately thought it was the screen, but I have tested this on other machines and it seems fine.

I checked my PC which has a dual GEForce 9800GTX graphics card configuration running on an ASUS motherboard. After a few checks i decided to change the motherboard like-for-like. This has been done but I still have no picture when I turn the PC on. This is the same no matter which moitor I try it on. I unhooked one of the graphics cards, running only with one with no results, and then I changed these around and tried just using the second card with the same results. Now I am stuck.

My PC lights up, the fans work, the beeps come on if i unplug a graphics card. I dont know whats causing the problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I am a PC novice so please try and be as un-technical as you can. I changed the motherboard by labelling all of the sockets and plugs... thats how little I know.

Cheers!

Related:

1 response

hai iam vinod. i have a problem in my system.when i will start my system cannot working only 5 beep sound comming,and again repet same 5 beep sound.pls tell me how to salve this problem,help me.thankyou.