Would like to link a hyperlink

Closed
bob2011 Posts 8 Registration date Thursday April 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Apr 26, 2010 at 05:24 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Apr 26, 2010 at 08:18 AM
Dear All,

I am trying to link a hyperlink in one sheet to another cell in different sheet. I understand one should not use a vlookup as it only returns you the text in the hyperlink cell and not the actual hyperlink. So i am using the Hyperlink formula however when i click on the hyperlink i get a message telling me "Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server".

Please see below for my formula:

=IF($D$4="","",HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP($D$4,Summary!$A$6:$EO$152,MATCH("Hyperlink Manager Factsheet",Summary!$A$6:$EO$6,0),FALSE),"CLICK HERE"))

I have tested the vlookup part of the formula with "=VLOOKUP($D4,Summary!$A$6:$EO$152,MATCH("Hyperlink Manager Factsheet",Summary!$A$6:$EO$6,0),FALSE)" and that returns the text in the hyperlink cell which would indicate that part of the formula works. As far as i can see the hyperlink part of the formula works aswell.. any ideas ?

I have also made sure the hyperlink itself self works.

Thanks for any help

2 responses

bob2011 Posts 8 Registration date Thursday April 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Apr 26, 2010 at 05:45 AM
UPDATE: I have worked out why my formula does not work however it does not help me fix the problem.

It does not work becuase the actual hyperlink cell does not have the address as the text to display, this means that my hyperlink vlookup is looking at the text and not the underlying hyperlink address.

So what i need to do is create a link that looks at the address of another cell and not just the text which is displayed.

help please...
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 26, 2010 at 08:18 AM
Could you please upload a sample file on some shared site like https://authentification.site and post back here the link to allow better understanding of how it is now and how you foresee.