April 29, 2010
-
Registration date
Wednesday April 28, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 29, 2010
-
I bought a 2tb internal 3.5 harddrive, and put it in a sleeve to make it my external...at the time I was running Vista 64b, and now im running win7 64b. Same as before with vista, when I plug it in, the computer instals the device driver, and then says ready to use. When I open My computer, as to access the drive, it is not visible. I tried this several times, after a fresh reformat of the computer, I tried veiwing the device under the eject device icon thiny on the start menu bar, and nothing. When I bought it I asked the guy where i bought them, is this compatable with this and that, and if it will support 2.0 usb not 3.0. I was good to go. Well, no im not. Reason im asking on here is cause i cant return it now cause im not in the states and its out of date anyway.

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You need to format the drive before you can use it for data or before it shows in My computer.

Right-Click on the My Computer icon either on your desktop or in the Start Menu and select Manage.

A new window titled Computer Management comes up.
Select Storage from the left hand side by clicking it once, then select Disk Management(local) from the right side by double-clicking it. Find your new drive and format it with one large partition.
Registration date
Wednesday April 28, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 29, 2010

I tried that and still it does not appear, my 3 original drives are visible, i tried to resfresh look around, and still it is not there.