Are you attempting to run the ipconfig command on your Windows computer, instead you are confronted with the following error message instead:"ipconfig" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. This article will show you how to resolve this issue.
What does the ipconfig command do?
The ipconfig displays all of the TCP/IP network configuration values and refreshes Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings. This command is useful on computers that automatically attain an IP address. With this command users can establish which TCP/IP values have been configured by DHCP.
How to run the ipconfig command?
You need to launch the command prompt as administrator, to do so:
- Press the Windows key + X to display the Power User Menu of Windows and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
Now you are in the Command Prompt menu, follow these steps:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type the "cmd" command and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to launch the command prompt as administrator.
- From there you can run the ipconfig /all command.
- 'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
- Ipconfig is not recognized
- Ipconfig not working
- Attrib command > Guide
- Help! Volume does not contain a recognized fi > Hardware Forum
- Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS > Download - Other
- Windows 10 (ISO) > Download - Windows
- How to open MSI file: on Mac, in Android, in Windows 10 > Guide