Why to instal .Net Frame Work?

Closed
wisam-mo Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday November 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2010 - May 3, 2010 at 04:07 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 3, 2010 at 04:55 PM
Why to instal .Net Frame Work
hello there,
I have some questions about some windows programs...
so, why to install .Net Frame Work???
do I have only to instal .Net Frame 3.5, or also I have to install the versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 with the 3.5 version...
do I have to install them on windows xp,vista,7 (all of them).
what about thier updates?
where to download them from?

what about MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?
what is it? is it important to install it? what versions of windows have this program to be installed on...

is there other programs like these have to be installed at my windows versions...

thanks...
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 3, 2010 at 04:55 PM
Hello Wisam,

From my experience, unless you are into programming, the programmes your mentioned, for the average computer user are needless.

I know that Windows sends updates about them, but you have a choice to install them or not. When you get the update, pick personalise installation and uncheck these items.

If you once downloaded any files from these programmes when you go to Windows update, you will be asked to download the updates.
If you don't want them, and don't want Windows to bug you about them, you must complete remove every single file from your computer including the registry entries.

Hope this helps