Mobo / CPU / PSU broken ? OC

Closed
Blackout - May 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM
G4V1N Posts 10 Registration date Thursday May 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2010 - May 6, 2010 at 02:12 PM
Hey I OC'd my CPU ( AMD 955) on my Gigabyte GA-MA-770-UD3 i had it at 3.5 Ghz and had it running for weeks before,so after a while i set it back to stock settings cus i didN't need the OC and then after a while I set it up to 3.5 again.Thats when my PC didn't work anymore.The PC powers up but there's no beep, The graphicscard's light blinks every 3 seconds or so and the gpu fans keep roaring up everytime the light blinks (so like the pc is booting all the time), I dont get a picture on my screen,its not the gpu cus i tested that in a different PC.I tried booting without my 8 GB of RAM but still the same and i also cleared the CMOS.Now my question is : How can I find out which component is broken?

BTW my PSU is a cheap 500 W one but it still had some good reviews and it has only a 4pin Mobo connector ( my mobo has an 8pin ) but this worked fine always(the 4 pin in the 8 pin).

Thanx
Related:

1 response

G4V1N Posts 10 Registration date Thursday May 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2010
May 6, 2010 at 02:12 PM
just do the basics

do it with no ram in
see if it beeps

look on the mobo and see if there is a little chip on it that looks like a 555 chip

take it out carefully and look closely at it if there is and brown or any other color in it other than black. the this will have blow .

if it is fine place it back into moobo board carefully.

it could be that your chip has blow in that case if you have another mobo bord that will support that chip then try it on that board.

hope it all goes well

G4V1N