How to map Excel files to a common Excel file

Closed
GrievousAngel Posts 5 Registration date Friday October 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2010 - May 7, 2010 at 11:28 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - May 7, 2010 at 03:49 PM
EXCEL: I need to extract certain columns from different active worksheets (4-5 files) into one summary worksheet. The exact column headings may or may not be the same.

this is needed to combine different on-line orders in one summary 'orders to ship' file, so only shipping specific data is needed to be linked or mapped. This needs to be done on demand when i open each new source worksheet (over the summary worksheeet within Excel). i am not sure if a macro is needed to do this with little opeartor input.

I am having to cut and paste column/row by column/row at presnt and is slow and error prone.

thanks,
billy

William Johnson (Billy)
Georgia USA
Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 7, 2010 at 03:49 PM
Could you please upload a sample file with sample data etc on some shared site like https://authentification.site and post back here the link to allow better understanding of how it is now and how you foresee.