Pop ups

Closed
neto - May 12, 2010 at 01:17 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 12, 2010 at 04:34 PM
I have a problem and i dont know how to get rid of it because i have never seen any thing like it, when i turn on my computer before i even open the internet or any pages the sound from pop ups starts playing, i scanned my computer and i found a few viruses so i deleted them, but still the sounds comes up with out me doing any thing, can any body help me get rid of this please, thanks.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
May 12, 2010 at 04:34 PM
Hello Nero,

From what I gather, the sound left by the virus is unpleasant and you do not wish to record it for future use.

The virus obviously left a few wave files and dll in your windows folder.

First try this to turn off the awful sound:

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take about 90 minutes.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

If that does not work, we will need to do open surgery on your Windows system32.

Let me know