HELP, need to recover important files

Closed
jman - Nov 7, 2008 at 05:37 AM
percy8 Posts 125 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 - Nov 7, 2008 at 05:56 AM
Hello,
i recently did the wiondows automatic updates, shutdown after installing the update choice.
the next day my laptop is screwed, if you start it normally, it goes to two choices start normally or start in repair mode, if you start normally it goes to a C:drive check and says the computer needs to check C:drive for consistency. to the final step of windows updates stage 3 of 3 and then restarts and you can go through that cycle over and over. the repair mode is pretty much the same u start it in repair mode and it will just say repairing disk errors, i left it running like that for about 9/10 hours and nothing changed.
if you F8 it, system restore doesnt work because the last checkpoint was the windows update and it wont actually allow you to do it because it says the C;disk has errors and then you try scanning C;drive and it freezes. the complete system resotre wont work because theres no previous date available.

I did use a ghost program to go on the computer and look at my files, there all there and not corrupted, i literally just need to get them off onto an external HD then i can wipe my laptop.
Any help would greatly appreciated,.
Thanks

1 response

percy8 Posts 125 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 47
Nov 7, 2008 at 05:56 AM
Try to restore your laptop to some days before the updates... It might work!