If you can not log into your Instagram account, this could be due to a bunch of problems, such as a forgotten password, or email address, or your account could be hacked or deactivated, and even deleted. In this article, we'll explain to you how to recover an Instagram account.
If you are unable to type your password when logging into your Instagram account, don't worry, you can still recover it even if your password is forgotten.
- For Android: On the login page, tap Get help logging in and enter your username, email or phone number. Then, simply tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
- For iOS: On the login page, tap Forgot password and enter your username, email or phone number. Then, simply tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
You can also recover your Instagram account using your Facebook account if they are linked. To do so:
- For Android: Tap on Forgot? > Reset with Facebook.
- For iOS: Tap on Forgot password on the login screen and select Reset using Facebook.
If you can not access your Instagram account and you think it could be hacked, follow these steps:
Check if you received an email from email@example.com saying that your email address has been changed. If it wasn’t you who did it, cancel it by clicking on the corresponding link in the email. If something else has been changed (such as the password, for example), ask Instagram to receive a login link or a security code.
Request a login link
1. To request a login link, tap on Get help logging in for Android, and Forgot password? for iOS devices.
2. Type in your username, email address, phone number linked to your account and tap on Next.
3. Select where you’d like to receive your login link (email address or phone number) and tap Send Login Link.
4. When you receive the link, click on it and follow the instructions.
Request a security code
If you can’t recover your account with the login link, you can request the security code or support. To do so, follow the steps below: 1. On the Login screen, tap on Get help logging in and enter your username, email address, then tap on Need more help? and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Select your email address or phone number and click on Send Security Code. If you don’t receive it, tap on I can’t access this email or phone number and follow Instagram’s instructions.
To prevent your Instagram account stealing and hacking, follow these tips to upgrade the security of your account:
- Turn on Two-factor authentication in your Instagram settings to secure each login.
- Check if your telephone number and email address are still yours from time to time since it’s the first thing hackers change.
- Change your Instagram password regularly and make it strong.
- Don’t follow the suspicious links and messages from unknown accounts.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- Instagram account recovery
- Instagram account recovery tool
- Instagram recovery account
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook > Guide
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review > Guide
- Disabled Instagram Account Recovery Appeal. > Forum - Facebook
- Instagram Account Hacked! > Forum - Instagram
- I can’t use my Instagram account I forgot my email and my phone number > Forum - Instagram
- View hidden Instagram Stories: anonymously, online
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Instagram message request: not showing, seen, deleted
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2022, free, for iPhone
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2022
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Instagram algorithm: 2022, change, for reels, posts
- How to become an Instagram Influencer: 10 tips to succeed
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories