If you can not log into your Instagram account, this could be due to a bunch of problems, such as a forgotten password, or email address, or your account could be hacked or deactivated, and even deleted. In this article, we'll explain to you how to recover an Instagram account.
If you are unable to type your password when logging into your Instagram account, don't worry, you can still recover it even if your password is forgotten.
- For Android: On the login page, tap Get help logging in and enter your username, email or phone number. Then, simply tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
- For iOS: On the login page, tap Forgot password and enter your username, email or phone number. Then, simply tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
You can also recover your Instagram account using your Facebook account if they are linked. To do so:
- For Android: Tap on Forgot? > Reset with Facebook.
- For iOS: Tap on Forgot password on the login screen and select Reset using Facebook.
If you can not access your Instagram account and you think it could be hacked, follow these steps:
Check if you received an email from email@example.com saying that your email address has been changed. If it wasn’t you who did it, cancel it by clicking on the corresponding link in the email. If something else has been changed (such as the password, for example), ask Instagram to receive a login link or a security code.
Request a login link
1. To request a login link, tap on Get help logging in for Android, and Forgot password? for iOS devices.
2. Type in your username, email address, phone number linked to your account and tap on Next.
3. Select where you’d like to receive your login link (email address or phone number) and tap Send Login Link.
4. When you receive the link, click on it and follow the instructions.
Request a security code
If you can’t recover your account with the login link, you can request the security code or support. To do so, follow the steps below: 1. On the Login screen, tap on Get help logging in and enter your username, email address, then tap on Need more help? and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Select your email address or phone number and click on Send Security Code. If you don’t receive it, tap on I can’t access this email or phone number and follow Instagram’s instructions.
To prevent your Instagram account stealing and hacking, follow these tips to upgrade the security of your account:
- Turn on Two-factor authentication in your Instagram settings to secure each login.
- Check if your telephone number and email address are still yours from time to time since it’s the first thing hackers change.
- Change your Instagram password regularly and make it strong.
- Don’t follow the suspicious links and messages from unknown accounts.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- Instagram account recovery
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook > Guide
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review > Guide
- Disabled Instagram Account Recovery Appeal. > Forum - Facebook
- Disabled instagram account > Forum - Instagram
- I can’t use my Instagram account I forgot my email and my phone number > Forum - Instagram
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2021
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously