Problem in intial boot up

Closed
amit - May 31, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 - Jun 1, 2010 at 02:22 AM
Hello,

i had just changed my power supply unit to a higher power rating one. i have connected all the connectors properly, but since i have done that the computer whenever it is started after being stopped is not able to boot up properly. it gives the error " a disk read error occured , press ctrl alt delete to restart"., whenever i do that it will still not boot up. but if i go to the BIOS setup and then save and exit it boots properly. once it has booted if u restart from windows it will reboot successfully and everything runs like normal but if u shutdown and then start the computer back it will again give the same error and wont boot up. this problem has started since i changed the power supply unit. iam not sure ifthe problem is with that as it works fine after the boot up is successful.

can anyone please help me out with the above problem.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 31, 2010 at 04:12 PM
If you replace the new power supply with the old one does it still have problems booting? It could be a problem with the new PS, it might be slow to warm-up and may not be supplying full power when first turned on.

Good Luck
Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 2
Jun 1, 2010 at 02:22 AM
yap it might be power supply...you can notice its odor when already burn.