Windows Security Blocking donwloads

Closed
Triz - Nov 10, 2008 at 06:10 PM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM
Hello,
i dont know what changed in my settings or what not but every time i try and dowload ANYTHING windows security pops up saying it found the file potentially hazardous and then it kills it with out me saying to do so or not.

how do i stop this. i know for a fact that these files are fine..???
Related:

2 responses

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 10, 2008 at 07:02 PM
Download and install the Mozilla Browser. Then try downloading using Mozilla. If it still doesn't allow U 2 download, then U got potential malware and/or spyware on your OS. If that's the case, U'll need 2 create a System Restore point back 2 the time B4 all your troubles began. After U create a restore point, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware at CNet's www.download.com. Run a full system scan B4 U try getting on the internet again.....................Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
thanks ill try that
sorry for the stupid double post...

anyways i tried do a system restore like u said and once it finished i tried to get the malware software like u said also but it was blocked as well :S
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM
OK.............My only other suggestion is 2 run a System Recovery and bring back your PC 2 factory settings. This will give you a new slate. If you have any important files or folders, I suggest U back them up on a CD-R. This way U can install them back on your PC at a later date.

To run a System Recovery..............Shut down your PC manually, then start it up again. B4 anything loads tap the F10 button on your keyboard until U C the System Recovery partition open. When it does, click the Advance button at the bottom and follow the instructions from there on. When you've finished recovering your OS, here are a few recommendations: Mozilla Browser (Because of it's unique security), AVGFree v8 Anti-Virus, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Keep them all up 2 date and U shouldn't have any more problems..............Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!