Securing wireless network

Closed
frustrated - Jun 5, 2010 at 04:36 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Jun 5, 2010 at 09:31 PM
I have a Linksys wireless router and want to secure it, so that no-one else can connect to it. Could someone please tell me how to set it up so that you need a key? I've checked the book that came with the router, but it doesn't give you instructions on how to do this. I've also checked out their website but still couldn't get it setup. I had someone in the other day who showed me how to do this, but my router keeps resetting itself. When he showed me I think he selected WEP and then two boxes came up one to enter a passkey and one to confirm it, but when I try I keep finding other stuff but not this. Could anyone please help me?

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jun 5, 2010 at 09:31 PM
You can have a look on this wireless router configuration that shows you how to set WPA2 encryption with pre-shared key, so that only the person knows the key can connect to your network. This encryption is much much stronger than WEP. Hope this helps.