My system acting abnormallly

Closed
N.Ravi Kiran - Jun 7, 2010 at 08:22 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 9, 2010 at 01:03 PM
Hello,

my system is acting abnormally one time it boots well. and one it shows system boot failure it means it is not recognizing my disk. i had removed the bios battery and then it start working. when system boot failure occur i always shutdown my system and remove the bios battery and again power on my system. Please tell me if there is any alternate solution for this. my email adderess is n.ravikiran1@gmail.com

Related:

5 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 7, 2010 at 09:54 PM
You should try a new fresh battery.
I replaced Cmos battery too but again it is giving me the same problem
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 8, 2010 at 09:21 PM
The hard drive may be marginal and sometimes it fails to start in the allotted time the BIOS gives. You could check the BIOS any see if there is an option to increase the time the BIOS waits for the hard drive to spin-up. This might help. It could be the system is aging and components are becoming marginal in their functioning.

Good Luck with this tough problem
My system is only 2 years old. I think this could be a deadly virus issue which is affecting my bios configuration. I have to clean my bios flash and then reinstall it. Is there any way clean the flash memory.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jun 9, 2010 at 01:03 PM
When you update the BIOS you rewrite the entire BIOS memory. No "cleaning" needed. First you should swap out the memory cards. Run the PC on one card to see if you can identify bad memory.

Please be aware that a mistake in BIOS updating may result in a totally DEAD computer. Then your only option is to replace the BIOS chip with a new correctly programmed BIOS.

Good Luck