Conditionaly copy from tab to tab

Closed
tuman84 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2010 - Jun 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jun 22, 2010 at 07:03 PM
Hello,

I have posted a question here before on a similar subject and got excellent help with a VB macro, however the problem persists as people in the office keep forgetting to enable macros and keep messing up the spread sheet.

I have a spreadsheet that lists data such as name, project, type, date countdown (how long until the project begins), ect..

What I am looking for is a formula, not VB, that will cut and paste a row from Tab 1 (upcoming projects) to Tab 2 (current projects) once the value in the date countdown (until project begins) reaches 0

I had another spreadsheet brought to my attention recently that performs that function with no VB code, but for the life of me I cannot find the formula or conditional formula that makes this happen.

Please advise.

Thank you.

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jun 22, 2010 at 07:03 PM
Formula cannot cut and paste values

For your issue that users dont enable macro, that is easy. Have sheet unprotected on open and protected on close via macro. So unless some one really wants you to get bald before time, you should be ok then as they will not be able to do much unless they unprotect the sheet, which means that they did not forget but rather wanted to do so with intention