After the Google Chrome 69 update, users noticed that the new tab page also changed. Each time you open the new tab page on Google Chrome, several tiles representing your most viewed pages are displayed. This new feature can raise privacy issues as tiles display the latest content you've viewed. In this article we show you how to restore the previous Chrome settings, or simply remove these shortcuts.
How to delete a shortcut from new tab page in Chrome?
To remove a website from your new tab page menu, point the cursor on it, click on three dots and select Remove. This method will work for Android and iOS mobiles and also Windows and Mac computers.
You can customize your New Tab page in Chrome more by going to Settings > Appearance.
How to restore Chrome to its previous settings?
To restore your Google Chrome, you will need to disable the experimental option – a flag called New Tab Page Material Design UI. To do so, type chrome://flags/#ntp-ui-md in the Chrome address bar or search for New Tab Page Material Design UI in the chrome://flags section.
Disable the feature and relaunch your Chrome browser.
After this, the previous New Tab shall be restored. N.B.If you accidentally close a tab on Google Chrome, press Control+Shift+T and it will get it back.
How to change new tabs with an extension?
If the previous method didn’t work, you can also add a Chrome 33+ extension to your browser. The New Tab Reload extension is designed specifically for users who are not happy with the new design and would like to restore the old one back from Chrome 33 version.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- How to Change the Dinosaur in the Chrome Game for Mario Bros and Other Characters
- Set the Default Zoom Level of Google Chrome Webpages
- How To Restore a Closed Tab in Chrome
- How To Clear Auto-Opening Settings on Google Chrome
- How To Reset Your Browser Settings on Android
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How To Enable WebGL on Google Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome