ITunes won't connect to Store

Closed
ambear - Jun 24, 2010 at 08:30 PM
 lil nan - Apr 21, 2011 at 06:58 PM
I recently downloaded the new iTunes (9 i think) and ever since everytime i try and go to the Store it has a message that says "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The network connection timed out." I have searched everywhere and tried everything and nothing has worked. PLEASE HELP! :(
Related:

3 responses

Go to "control panel"
click "internet options" (easier with the view in icons, large or small)
go to "connections" Tab
click "lan settings"
uncheck "use a proxy server".

Hope it solves it.
thx that rly worked
Blocked Profile
Jun 25, 2010 at 03:40 AM
Dear Ambear,

Please have the solution to the specific problem from the below address.

https://ccm.net/faq/6875-itunes-unable-to-connect-to-itunes-store

Thanks in advance.
Maurice111 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday December 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2010
Dec 25, 2010 at 01:38 AM
f you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day--and other customers on our discussion boards aren't experiencing similar issues--a software or internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue may be blocking your access to the iTunes Store. Click here to find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access.

* Your copy of the iTunes application may be out of date.

If iTunes is out of date, it will not be able to connect to the iTunes Store. You can download the latest version of iTunes from our website:
https://www.apple.com/itunes/
* You may need to reset your keychain.

Connection issues are occasionally caused by keychain issues. Click here to find out how to use Keychain First Aid to resolve this issue.
* You switched to a new ISP.

If you didn't install new networking hardware, your ISP may be blocking access to the iTunes Store. Let your ISP know about article TS1629 which can help your them configure their servers to allow iTunes Store traffic through.