Computer won't start

Closed
kiaracer Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2010 - Jun 26, 2010 at 08:43 PM
kiaracer Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2010 - Jun 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM
i recently bought a new cooler master mid-tower case and power supply to upgrade my computer since it's on 24 hours a day and i have 4 hard drives to keep cool. i removed the motherboard and blew it off with a leaf blower (probably not the best idea) and now my computer won't start up. i have all the cables plugged in where they go and noticed that the hard drives weren't spinning. i unplugged the IDE cables and after i'd unplug them you could hear them start spinning again but if i plugged the IDE cables back in, they would stop spinning. the hard drive activity LED stays on solid and the activity LEDs on my cd burner and dvd burner stay on solid also. i've tried clearing the cmos memory and it didn't do any good.

is it possible that i burned out something on the board with static from the air i used to dust the motherboard off?

1 response

kiaracer Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2010
Jun 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM
solved the problem. turned out i didn't have the auxiliary power plug connected. i finally got the computer started and had to reinstall windows xp pro and now when i do to "my computer" it shows it as having 7 hard drives instead of 4. does anyone know what is going on here and how to get rid of the extra drives?