Hiloti.gen!D virus and Google redirects...

Closed
Frustrated - Jun 27, 2010 at 09:14 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Hello, I have a virus Hiloti.gen!D and google searches are redirected. I have downloaded and run Malwarebytes, AdAware and SuperAnti Spyware....some find files but the problem persists...at boot up a message comes up "Error Loading Scadmg.dll"....Not sure why the antivirus, malware isn't removing the infected files. Need your help. Also have log file from Hijackthis if that could assist.

thanks

Related:

1 response

please download SmitfraudFix which i found that on bleeping computers it may remove it i looked it on there forums that removed it .

or give us a HighJack this log file and copy and paste it on here for us to look at it for you then.

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

or you can remove it a faster way by..
Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/how-to-use-smitfraudfix
Sorry i forgot to tell you to do this too.... You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
* Choose your usual account.

Once in Safe Mode, double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart anyway into normal Windows. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

please reply and thank me for all the typing i just did here for a hour. i will catch ya later but i will be back on tomorrow my time in 20 hours or lest
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Hi Gervarod,
Please be clear in your solution, don't confuse him.