Computer dead

Closed
Freak - Jun 29, 2010 at 02:58 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 17, 2010 at 05:02 AM
Hello,

I have this situation and do not know what to do. Please help if you can.
My PC was working ok untill on Sunday, when I was staring it the blue light on Start Up button would just flash for a couple of seconds and go down. I unplugged all cables at the back dusted them and pluged everything back. The PC started and was working OK untill early evening when it suddenly switched off. I tried switching it on but it would switch itself off automaticly whenever I opened IE. Then it would go down on loading desktop. I did not know what to do so I have do what usually works and installed a fresh Windows XP. It was working ok and I wanted to go online, after putting all the drivers on, pluged Ethrnet and bang it went down again!! Unpluged it switched on the PC and it was OKish. Next day when I attempted to switch it on it was dead. No reaction whatsoever. I checked google and found some possible answers related to cleaning the inside, decided to give it a go: cleadned all the dust but there is still no power. Are there any things that I should check before I flush it down the toilet? Please be gentile as I do not know loads about hardware. I just tend to learn as I fix the problems so not very familiar with all the technicities.

Thank you,

Jo

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2010 at 05:02 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider checking whether the problem is not sourcing from its power supply unit or the motherboard.

Thanks in advance.