Left 4 Dead 2 download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Left 4 Dead 2 is an iconic and acclaimed first-person shooter with survival and cooperative traits. As the proper sequel to Left 4 Dead, it pushes the limits of survival and cooperative gameplay with new challenges, game modes, dangerous Infected beings, and lots of new weapons.
Like its predecessor, Left 4 Dead, this second title is set in the aftermath of a worldwide pandemic caused by the devastating pathogen called the Green Flu. This plague has progressively transformed the world into a terrific and dangerous place populated by all kinds of Infected zombies.
Starting one week after the events of the first title, this new group of survivors will try to inch their way through the cities and lands of Savannah in Georgia and make their way to New Orleans in Louisiana.
- Cooperative gameplay: This first-person shooter focuses on cooperation and teamwork to survive. As you progress through the different environments, you must define your strategy based on your capabilities, stay packed as much as possible, and reach the safe zone. Just like in the first title, situational awareness of other Survivors is still essential, as you can see the health and status of other players, and silhouettes are highlighted through walls.
- New weapons: You will start with simple and minimalistic weapons, but you will find more powerful ones as you progress throughout the campaign. Different weapon categories are available, including primary, secondary, throwable, major medical supplies, and minor medical supplies. Besides, over 20 new firearms, items, and over 10 melee weapons (like a chainsaw, axe, frying pan, baseball bat, etc.) will spice up your whole journey.
- New Infected: Alongside common Infected, you will encounter special ones who will bring more challenge and tension. While you will find the mythic Boomer, Hunter, Smoker, Tank, and the Witch again, be ready to face the Charger (with an enormous right arm, can charge, capture and carry one Survivor away), the Spitter (spits out balls of stomach acid), and the Jockey (jumps onto a Survivor's back and steers into other Infected or environmental hazards). Additionally, there are some uncommon common Infected specific to certain environments.
- AI Director 2.0: The AI Director drives gameplay by procedurally spawning enemies, items, and weapons across the map based on players' performance. But this 2.0 version now focuses on encouraging more participation by players and forcing them to reach safety in a more aggressive way. For example, it is able to alter level elements, like the placement of walls, level layout, lighting, or weather conditions. Seriously, it changes everything.
- Survivors: The narrative is more immersive and refined through new dialogues and survivors. Come discover Coach, Ellis, Nick, and Rochelle, the four new immune survivors, and their backstories. Furthermore, there are a new multiplayer mode and many more diversified maps.
Graphics and sound
Still developed using the Source engine, the graphics, OST, and audio effects have all been upgraded to provide a more immersive and gory experience. In addition, the character and zombie models and animations are refined and smoother than in the first title, and dismembering Infected beings is truly satisfying.
Duration and game modes
The main campaign mode is about 10 hours long if you focus on the main objectives, but it can easily take you over 50 hours to explore all the other game modes playing alongside your friends and other players. Left 4 Dead 2 features single-player and multiplayer game modes:
- Campaign: A multiplayer game mode. Up to four human players fight against infected beings and try to inch their way through the different stages. Any Survivor not controlled by a player is instead controlled by an AI.
- Single-player: The single-player version of the Campaign game mode. You dive into stages with three AI-controlled acolytes.
- Versus: Two teams compete against each other, the first controlling Survivors and trying to complete a stage, the second controlling randomly selected Special Infected. The teams swap sides once per stage, and their score is based on their stage progress as Survivors.
- Survival: This is a time challenge where Survivors are trapped in a section of one of the campaign's maps. You must try to survive as long as possible against infinite waves of Infected beings.
- Scavenge: A new 4-on-4 mode that requires Survivor players to collect and use as many gas cans as possible scattered throughout a level to fill an energy generator while Infected players try to stop them.
What do the reviews say?
Left 4 Dead 2 is successful with a Metacritic score of 89/100.
"The master of it all that changes things for the game as it progresses is the AI Director 2.0. It's what makes Left 4 Dead 2 have such dynamic reactions to what the player is or isn't doing. The AI Director changes weather effects, world objects, lighting effects, and even pathways!" (Impulsegamer)
Left 4 Dead 2 is rated PEGI 18 as it contains violence.
- Gta 4 download > Download - Action and adventure
- Plants vs zombies 2 pc download > Download - Strategy
- Cartoon animator 4 download > Download - Illustration and animation
- Fnia 2 > Download - Adult games
- Ce-42288-4 > PS3 & PS4 Forum