Reboot Loop

Closed
mj - Jun 29, 2010 at 01:24 PM
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 - Jun 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM
Hello,

My XP desktop is in a reboot loop. I disabled auto restart upon failure and received the following message:

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly wiht a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down."

This occurred after I just cleared out a virus using Malwarebytes. The computer seemed to be working fine then this problem started. It appears the virus caused some damaged.

Please help as I can't start my computer. I've tried to start in Safe Mode but I can't get in to Safe Mode.

Thank you.

Related:

1 response

toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM
Hello,
Try to repair Windows XP:
If you have the Windows XP CD-ROM, insert it into the computer's CD-ROM drive. Restart your computer from the CD-ROM.You would require to modify the basic input/output system of BIOS before you can boot from a CD-ROM.
You can get into the bios depending on your system by pressing Del key or F2 key... at the start-up of the computer. Modify the basic input/output system of BIOS Then save the changes and exit.
When asked press any key to boot from CD
Don't press R at the beginning, select windows installation, select the partition to repair and then press R Don't format.
Good luck
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Chinese Proverb