Applications not responding

Closed
Betty - Jun 29, 2010 at 02:18 PM
linux7591 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2010 - Jun 29, 2010 at 05:12 PM
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows Vista. Everything seemed to be working fine, and all of a sudden, no matter what application I try to run (including virus software), the application is unresponsive and I can't get out of it, not even with Ctrl+Alt+Del. If I click on anything at all, everything looks hazy. All I can do is turn off the laptop. When I turn it back on, it comes up in Safe Mode, but I can't find what's wrong with it. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Related:

2 responses

linux7591 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2010 1
Jun 29, 2010 at 05:12 PM
Do you have any active content on your desktop? If so, this what may be causing the problem. An alternative is to go into the BIOS configuration and do something. (All the things in there really confuse me, and I don't have the sound on in time.) You may have to install Windows 7 and get one of the virtual PC programs, such as Microsoft's Virtual PC. (If it has a licensed copy of Windows Vista, all for the laptop.) Remember to have the sound on, as the BIOS makes sounds for the corresponding problem/normal boot up.

click a link and see the wonderful information, especially the BIOS link!
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 29, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Hello,
If everything is working well in safe mode so boot in safe mode with networking
Branches all removable media to your PC
Update your antivirus and run a full scan of your PC.
Download Malwarebytes here
http://dw.com.com/...   

Install it, Update
Run a full scan
Remove all the viruses
Copy and past the reports of the two scans here