This article examines the scenario of .exe files not opening due to a corrupt file system or an unregistered file. Sometimes while launching an .exe file, an error occurs where the file is termed as an invalid Win32 application. This article solves this problem for the user. It highlights the reasons for the error and subsequently provides remedies for it.
What to do if you have an invalid Win32 application?
When you launch an executable file, Windows displays a message like:
Application name is not a valid Win32 application
.exe is a file execution extension. There are different file formats for different systems that are identifiable with the help of different alphabets that accompany them.
- File download
- IDE Controller badly configured
- Support CD / DVD unreadable
- File system corrupted
- File unregistered
- Virus / spyware
- Problem with browser configuration
If the application in question was uploaded to the Internet, it is possible that it was corrupted during the download. In this case, just download the file again.
IDE Controller Badly Configured
- Right-click on My Computer and select "Properties".
- In System Properties, select the Hardware tab and then Device Manager.
- Double-click the IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers.
- Double-click on the Primary IDE Channel and Secondary IDE channel.
- In the tab "Advanced Settings", under Device 0, ensure the command is set to DMA if available and not PIO only.
CD / DVD is Unreadable
If the error is caused by a defective media, follow the steps below:
- Try to read the CD / DVD in another drive
- Clean with a soft cloth and water (no soap)
- Attempt to retrieve the data with software such as Win ISO (free version), which will retrieve the damaged file
File System Corrupt
To check the integrity of protected system files, run the following command:
If the error occurs at the opening of files, click Start / Run, then enter and confirm the following command:
regsvr32 / i SHELL32.DLL
The problem may be related to malware. Post a question on CCM's forum in the virus/security section for further help.
Problem with Internet Explorer configuration
- Disconnect from IE (Internet Explorer) or Firefox
- Double click on IE (even if you only use Firefox)
- Tools> Internet Options> Security Tab
- Verify that the security level for this zone is medium-high and high NO.
- Validate OK
- Win32 application download windows xp
- Win32 application download
- Is not a valid win32 application windows xp
- Windows XP SP3 Service Pack > Download
- Windows XP SP2 > Download
- Microsoft .NET Framework > Download
- Windows XP SATA drivers: download, ISO, floppy disk > Guide
- Windows XP Setup Simulator > Download
- LNK shortcuts on Windows 7: how to fix?
- How to increase cache memory in Windows: 10, 8, 7
- How to repair Windows 7 from USB flash drive?
- Install unsigned drivers: Windows 7
- How to delete Windows image backup file
- How to remove bandwidth limit: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Format computer: Windows 7, without CD
- Disable service credential manager: Windows 10
- How to change taskbar color Windows 7: ultimate, home basic
- Windows Installer has stopped working: Windows 7
- Fatal error could not create output file project1.exe'
- Check the BIOS version of Windows 7: cmd, without restarting
- How to clear the clipboard: Windows 7, command line
- How to fix Windows error code 0x8000222
- How to add a desktop shortcut to sleep Windows 7
- Shortcut key for network connections: Windows 7
- Disable tablet PC input panel: Windows 7, Win 7
- View update history: Windows 7
- How to erase CD rw: Windows 7
- How to disable desktop window manager: Windows 7
- How to disable performance counters in Windows
- Install driver in compatibility mode Windows 7
- How to increase command prompt buffer size
- Windows 7 end of support: what to do now?
- How to change the welcome message in Windows 7
- How to add the menu bar in Windows Explorer on Windows 7
- How to make the mouse wake up the PC: Windows 7
- How to disable the software protection service in Windows 7
- How to change administrator name in Windows 7?
- How to create a file with specific size: Windows 7
- Internet options shortcut: command, on desktop, Windows 7
- Disable desktop composition Windows 7
- Disable Aero Windows 7
- How to find Windows 7 build number
- How to disable the security center in Windows 7
- "Open with" option not showing Windows 7
- Disable the performance counter feature: Windows 7
- Snipping tool missing Windows 7