Profile not running after login

Closed
Time Crusher - Jun 30, 2010 at 12:09 PM
 Time Crusher - Jun 30, 2010 at 08:01 PM
Hello,

Ive got a problem with my Compaq Mini 110c-1110SA 10.1-inch Net book (Windows XP Home, Intel Atom Processor N270, 0.99 GB RAM) it boots correctly and direct me to profile and password screen (not the new welcome screen i don't know why did it changed) Then i enter the username and password and i log in.after that it just show me the pointer and the wallpaper nothing else.it stays in that mode forever.i tried to shut down and opened again but still the same!Please help me!

Thank you!

Time crusher

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 30, 2010 at 12:56 PM
Hi,

try this 1,

When you switch ON your notebook, keep pressing "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears click on "Esc" key and keep pressing F8 key)

Select "Last known good configuration"

or

try this 1.

At that moment where it shows you only wallpaper, then hold ctrl and shift key

and press Esc key

Then click on File--> New task and type regedt32 ---> click on OK

Registry editor will be opened, then at left side navigate to this location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

then click on Winlogon

At the right side search for the file named shell --->double click on it and retype

explorer.exe in value data text box --->click on OK.
Sorry Jack4rall i tried both of them but still its not working. By the way the second advise about regedt32 the shell file was alright i mean explorer.exe really i appreciate your advices thank you from
Time Crusher
Wait a moment i opened the profile but still the everything is huge. im trying to change the screen resolution but its not working.and i should search for control panel in task manager to access it please help.(Ah forgot to tell ya when booting the windows xp before showing the windows xp logo it spend a lot of time.) with safe mode it works perfectly accept the boring wallpaper,sight,huge fonts and the terrible color.