Disabled NVIDIA, Black screen, Graphics Card

Closed
sorrylights - Jul 8, 2010 at 01:51 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 10, 2010 at 07:31 AM
Hello,

I've been having problems with my computer for months already. I'll start from the beginning.

One day, all of a sudden, my computer screened turned black after the welcome page. Which means, I had no access to my computer, so I tried to find some solutions on safe mode. I went through several forums and such, and the next thing that happened was that my computer passed the welcome screen, but it would always flash a black screen every 5 seconds or so. Not only that, but I couldn't have any video on full screen, play any kind of games (full screen games, also), and every time I tried to drag a video file into my itunes (to sync with my ipod), my screen would just turn black. (I can still hear my music in the background, sometimes).

The black screen also appears when I watch a full screen video, and play games. The flashing screen was horrible for my eyes, so I decided to reformat my computer. Except, for this time, I didn't install my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, and now I am able to use the computer without any flashing screen. But, whenever I'm scrolling down any website, it's really choppy and such. I still am unable to play full screen games though. I can watch full screen videos now, but it'd be a little choppy. You guys would probably tell me to reformat my computer and download NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, so it'd be fine, but, whenever I reformat my computer and download NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, the black screen would come up again. So, it just becomes a cycle. All this time I've never actually found a solution to this problem, but I really want to play full screen games again and not have choppy scrolling-ness. Can anyone help me with this?

Note***
I don't know much about computers and it'd be nice if you were able to explain thoroughly what I would have to do. Thank you! I appreciate your answers. =)!!

Also, my computer is a Dell Dimension 8300 .

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 10, 2010 at 07:31 AM
Dear Sir,

Please have it replaced for the problem might be sourcing from it.

Thank you.