Dell m140 broken hinge repair

Closed
Mustafa naim Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 - Jul 9, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Mustafa naim Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 - Jul 10, 2010 at 06:14 AM
Hello please help me.I have no idea what to do.My dell m140screen became loose so i tried to repair it then i made it tight it.When i closed the lid of my laptop i heard a sound of crack.Then when i opened the lid it became too loose then i noticed of the hinge is broken.I need information how to join it.It is broken near the screw stick.Please give me some useful information on how to join the borken hinges
Related:

1 response

Cavang Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2010
Jul 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM
is the crack completely from side to side?

I would use a resin/epoxy, very minimal amount. You don't want to epoxy the lid down from the hinge after all. I am not familiar with the laptop I don't know how the hinge is designed.

Method 1
You may have to epoxy something over the hinge, so it covers either side of the crack, to keep the crack closed. This method will hopefully keep the epoxy from the inside of the hinge

Method 2
You can not have any of the epoxy bleed into the actual functionality of the hinge. The epoxy has to remain outside the hinge, but inside the crack.

Make the epoxy/resin thick so it doesn't seep into the hinge.
You can get this at any hardware store.

Do not use Krazy Glue.
Do not mend/melt.
Mustafa naim Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010
Jul 10, 2010 at 06:14 AM
U can check the hinge of laptop by typing dell m140 hinge.It is broken from above the stick.Please give suggestion