Wireless concetion problem

Closed
Yoly - Dec 2, 2008 at 04:45 PM
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 - Dec 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Hello,

I need an advice on how i am going to fix my connection problem...... I used to have a time warner cable connection using lynksys wireless-g and no problem at all. the ethernet cable were directly connected to the modemn to the lynksys wireless router and i never had any problem at all, i can even go wireless so i was able to connect to the internet anywhere in the house and outside the house.

Since there was a promo on the AT&T i decided to switch right away thinkung that i coould be able to save a little bit, unfortunately, my idea of switching wasnt good and smart enough because, now i cannot use my laptop when i am in the living room or transferring from one place to another because the ethernet cable has to be connected to the laptop all the time. I can't use the lynksys router anymore.....

Do you have any solution to this problem.... If so, please send me the instruction obn how to fix the problem..... I wanted to be how it was when i am on tome warner cable...... I would still prefer to go definitely wireless..... Please send all instruction to my e-mail add. that i've provided.

Thank you for your help and GODBLESS.....

2 responses

Your problem is a bit unclear but I will try to read between the lines. You need e router, your Linksys, to go wireless. You seem to state that your new modem cannot be connected to your router? Is there no sockets on your new modem for the cable or are they a different type of connection??

Usually there are two kinds of routers, those that work with cable and those that work with ADSL. Therefore if your old modem was cable and worked with the Linksys router, your new modem may be ADSL and won't connect to your Linksys router OR this could be vice-versa. I only suggest that this may be your problem and if it is, you will have to purchase a suitable router or, if it was me, I would contact my new ISP, AT&T, and ask them to provide you with one - it will do no harm asking and this worked for me in the past.

I hope this info is of help, Good Luck.
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 45
Dec 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM
you need to configure your router for the new connection