Wireless connection problem

Closed
dogsdinner - Dec 2, 2008 at 08:43 AM
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 - Dec 2, 2008 at 09:14 AM
Hello, i have just brought a new wireless router and a usb dongle to receive the router.
The router works fine when it is hard wired but as soon as you remove the ethernet cable it all starts to go wrong. The dongle has picked up the router and it says the signal is strong but when i click on internet explorer it says page could not be displayed. i get a message in the tool bar saying there is limited or no connectivity.
it is very strange because i tried my wii and that seems to work ok. my pc will not connect with the wireless dongle. has anybody got any answers please??

1 response

GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 45
Dec 2, 2008 at 09:14 AM
1) make sure your both wireless router and adapter are configured for DHCP
2) your router allows wireless networks to access Internet

providing more details about "Status" of your "Wireless connection", especially information regarding gateway's address, DNS servers and IP addresses will help ppl here to solve your issue