Getting rid of AVG

Closed
Jon6726 - Jul 15, 2010 at 01:40 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jul 16, 2010 at 04:59 AM
Hello,

I was updating AVG to the latest version when it stopped during the install because it couldn't uninstall the old version.
I have tried deleting the whole folder under C:/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG7 but it fails due to not having permission for the destination folder - Recycle Bin!
I have since deleted every file individually except for 7 files which are a mix of .dll or applications.
I tried renaming the .dll files to .txt and then right click on the txt file to change the administrator rights but there isn't that option available.
I want to get rid of these files - any ideas?

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 15, 2010 at 05:09 AM
Dear Sir,

Simply get to your Device Manager and right click on it and select update in order to get free of the difficulty and the task completed.

Thank you.
When right clicking on Device Manager it only lets you "open" or "create shortcut" so not much help there.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 15, 2010 at 01:11 PM
Hi,

Try "AVG Remover Tool". This tool removes all parts of AVG installation on your

computer, including registry items, installation and user files on your disk, etc.

AVG Remover is the least option to be used in case the AVG uninstallation / repair

installation process has failed repeatedly. Just click on the below to download it.

http://download.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Thanks for that but it didn't remove any of the remaining files.

Something must've been triggered as I suddenly found I could delete 6 of the 7 files individually; so they are gone. But the file (application) "avgupsvc" is being stubborn and can't be removed.
Any further ideas?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 16, 2010 at 04:59 AM
Hi,
try this 1

1)When you switch ON your computer, keep pressing "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears click on "Esc" key and keep pressing F8 key)
2) Select the option "Safe Mode"
now try to delete that file from the safe mode.