Sony walkman nwz-e344

Solved/Closed
ann - Jul 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM
 walkmansolved - Jan 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Hello,

lost the cord, have another usb cord that fits the walkman mp3 player... it's not being acknowledged by the computer... HELP! WHen I look under 'my computer', it doesn't even show that the player is plugged into the computer :(

4 responses

This is how I made mines work:

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/model-home.pl?mdl=NWZE344&template_id=1®ion_id=3&tab=download#/downloadTab

go to the link, will lead you to Sony eSuppot - Driver and software , download firmware update, remember to keep your Sony NWZ-E344 plugged into your computer and clicked the reset button while its plugged into the computer before starting this, this worked for me, hopefully it also works for you :)
Btw, reset does not make you loose all your info on your mp3
Hello.

I had exactly the same fault, and it was the cable that was faulty.
New cble, now everything works ok.
Blocked Profile
Jul 16, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Hi there,

The other cable may be defective change it then revert back if issue is still same with new data cable.

Thanks
walkmansolved
Jan 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM
If you are using a wireless usb mouse, unplug it for a moment and see if the computer recognizes the walkman. I was having the same issue then unplugged my recently added usb mouse while the walkman was still plugged in. Boom - the computer instantly saw the walkman and started charging etc. I had to plug the wireless usb mouse into the back of my pc and everything was happy again! Must be some sort of interference by using 2 ports next to one another.