My monitor turns black after windows appear

Closed
brytgrl - Jul 18, 2010 at 01:56 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 18, 2010 at 02:49 PM
Hello,

My monitor turns black after the windows logo appear upon starting my computer.
This happen after I reinstalled the updated version of my display driver Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE?PE/GV graphics controller.
I tried following the suggestions that work for other users but mine seems not to respond to such. Though in the F8 enable VGA mode the computer appeared to work fine but the
display monitor resolution is too big. Thus, I tried to set it to normal the size however after
applying such command, my screen went blank again with a prompt at the upper left side on the screen. I waited for a few moments if there's a response but no effect.
Please help.....
Thanks.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jul 18, 2010 at 02:49 PM
You should start in safe mode and download new video card drivers. The one you now have is now compatible with your hardware. You could try to restore your previous driver using the "hardware manager" in "control panel"

Good Luck