SD Card Won't work now

Closed
Girllygirl - Dec 5, 2008 at 09:09 PM
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 - Dec 8, 2008 at 02:43 AM
Hello,

I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I have never had problems with my SD card with pictures on it. But now, since I allowed someone to use the port to insert their card which is a different brand, mine will no longer work. I stick it in and nothing happens. I have looked to see what drive it is and everything but cannot find anything to open. Could the whole driver have been deleted since another card was used?? Please help me!! Thank you for taking the time!!!!!
Related:

1 response

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 02:43 AM
Well first thing first, brands are irrelevant.

The computer will recognize the hardware not contents unless it is set to autoplay etc.

I've heard of PLENTY of problems with Windows Vista not recognizing or having driver problems with SD cards or relating to SD cards with a capacity of larger than 1GB.

Most of the time the solution is to go through the Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for it, then restart to have it reinstall the drivers itself. This fixes it temporarily, until the glitch happens again. Vista was released as an uncompleted project and thus these things happen. They may have a patch out for it, so I would try to check your updating software for both windows, and the brand of laptop you have. If you rummage through All Programs long enough you're bound to find at least one.